$40.00 – $216.00
WHAT IS IT ?
Laser hair removal is the process of hair removal through exposure to pulses of laser light that destroy the hair follicle.
WHAT MACHINE DO WE USE?
Gentle Max Pro: For over 20 years, Gentle Pro Series devices have been the industry leading laser hair removal systems, trusted by dermatologists and aestheticians around the globe to successfully treat patients of all skin types.
With 755 nm and 1064 nm dual wavelengths for laser hair removal, Gentle Pro Series is the gold standard for Laser Hair Removal, and safe for ALL SKIN TYPES.
DO’S & DON’TS
- Avoid sun exposure 2-4 weeks before and after treatment. Strong sunscreen (SPF 30+) should be applied to the area if sun exposure is unavoidable.
- Do not tan! If the skin is tanned (natural sunlight or tanning booth) 2 weeks before treatment, you may develop hyperpigmentation (white spots) after treatment which could take months to clear.
- The use of self-tanning skin products MUST be discontinued 2 weeks before treatment. Any residual self-tanner should be removed prior to treatment.
- Avoid bleaching, plucking, or waxing hair for 6 weeks prior to treatment. The melanin-containing hair must be present in the follicle as it is the “target” for the laser light.
- You may be asked to stop any topical medications or skincare products 3-5 days before treatment.
- If you have had a history of perioral or genital herpes simplex virus, you may be recommended prophylactic antiviral therapy. Follow the directions for your antiviral medication.
DURING TREATMENT CARE
- The skin should be cleaned and shaved the night before or the day of the appointment.
- The use of a topical anesthetic is optional.
- The DCD cryogen cooling device or air cooling will be used with the laser to cool the skin during treatment.
- Safety considerations are important during the laser procedure. Protective eyewear will be worn by the patient and all personnel in the treatment room during the procedure to reduce the chance of damage to the eye.
POST TREATMENT CARE
- Immediately after treatment, there may be erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) of each hair follicle in the treatment site, which may last up to 2 hours, or longer. The treated area will feel like a sunburn for a few hours after the appointment. The redness may last up to 2-3 days
- A topical soothing skincare product such as aloe vera gel may be applied following treatment if desired.
- Makeup may be used immediately after the treatment as long as the skin is not irritated.
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation (darker pigmentation)
- Use a sunblock (SPF 30+) at all times throughout the course of treatment.
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin.
- Do not use any other hair removal treatment products or similar treatments (waxing, electrolysis, or tweezing) that will disturb the hair follicle in the treatment area for 6 weeks after the laser treatment is performed. Shaving ONLY should be done between treatments.
- Several days to weeks after the treatment, shedding of the treated hair may occur and this appears as new hair growth. This is NOT new hair growth. You can clean and remove the hair by washing or wiping the area with a wet cloth or loofah sponge.
- After the axilla (underarm) is treated, you may wish to use a powder instead of a deodorant for 24 hours after the treatment to reduce skin irritation.
- There are no restrictions on bathing except to treat the skin gently, as if you had sunburn, for the first 24 hours.
- Do not work out, go in a hot tub or sauna for the first 24 hours.
There are no reviews yet.